Uitfeest; “Customs and traditions connected with Poland”
Polish culture has a historical context, but it continues to evolve, incorporating old traditions with modern life. The culture of Poland developed as a result of its geography and connections to other countries, and it has a thousand-year- rich history. Poland of today continues the traditions and customs of this history with origins in the Slavic culture. There were even Byzantine and Ottoman influences.
In the workshop concerning Polish customs and traditions, participants will follow:
- The presentation about Poland – includes historical and geographical facts, Polish Christmas and Easter traditions, Polish cuisine, top reasons to learn Polish(1 hour)
- A documentary film about Poland (film in English) (1 hour)
- Group work: in pairs listeners can do the worksheets about Polish customs and traditions to practice their knowledge together (30 minutes)
- A quiz checking the listener’s knowledge from the basic Polish cultural elements (such as basic historical facts, typical Polish Easter and Christmas customs, geography, food) - 30 minutes
- Small souvenirs for the winners of the quiz.